In this episode, we go deep into the ITRH vault to hear a classic not available in the public feed, episode 38. You’ll hear from the late great Scout, head of the Texas chapter of Project Appleseed. And I’m joined by co-host Jonathan who helped found ITRH. We all discuss what I still consider the best traditional rifle marksmanship program. Listen now...
Author Nicholas Sansbury Smith drops by. He’s going to share with us how he crafted his Tracker’s series just for you.
Tracker’s and Nicholas Sansbury Smith Topics Discussed
- How Nicholas got into writing
- The author(s) who inspire him
- His favorite dystopian fiction book
- His favorite non-post-apocalyptic book
- What inspired Nicholas to write the Trackers series
- Is he just trying to tell a good story in a genre he loves or his he wrapping survival lessons in a story
- How the series starts
- Why he chose an EMP as the catalyst for the cataclysm
- Where he draws inspiration for the characters and story
- What did he find to be the hardest part when writing post-apocalyptic fiction
- The impact writing post-apocalyptic fiction has had on Nicholas
- When the poop hits the fan blade, what will be Jeff’s long gun of choice
- What can your readers expect next
Connect with Nicholas
- Get the box set here: The Trackers Series
- Connect with Nickolas Smith on Facebook
- Check out his author page here
The series description:
Five days ago, North Korea detonated three strategically placed nuclear warheads over the United States, triggering an electromagnetic pulse that crippled the country. A second attack destroyed the nerve center of America in a nuclear blast that flattened the nation’s capital. As the government falls apart in the aftermath, the survivors must decide how far they will go to save the ones they love.
In this lawless new world where the most ruthless thrive while innocents suffer, a sheriff, a retired marine, a nurse, and a senator turned secretary of defense are faced with keeping their communities and families safe. One thing is certain – they won’t be able to save everyone. Not with their humanity still intact.
Past Book Club Episodes With an EMP Focus:
- E279: Once Upon an Apocalypse with Jeff Motes
- E274: What Happens to the Survivors of an EMP Disaster
- E247: Arthur Bradley on The Survivalist Series Interview
- E242: An EMP How To Survival Story – Equipping Modern Patriots
- E230: This is What Happens When a Coronal Mass Ejection Strikes
- E214: An EMP Attack on the United States with Author Cal Wilson
- E195: How To Survive an EMP and Collapse – Southbound – A Truck Driver’s Story