Hosts Aaron and Jonathan set your city on fire in a white hot rage with total disregard to point out vulnerabilities. But then roast marshmallows and plan an escape.
Jonathan Hollerman stops back by to discuss his book series Equipping Modern Patriots. We cover everything from him as an author to his biggest prepper fiction pet peeve.
From the episode 237, you know Jonathan as the former Air-force SERE instructor turned survival retreat consultant. He takes a hard look at preparedness and judges strategies and techniques against his experience seeing some of the worse human traits in action.
And he’s made it his personal mission to teach others how to prepare for the worst-case scenarios. As we covered previously, he’s written a nonfiction manual.
But he’s also written a fiction series titled Equipping Modern Patriots. In his book series, he takes you on a journey in order to teach readers survival lessons. These are the aspects of survival he feels are most important and overlooked. Most notably is human desperation and how good people can do horrible atrocities.
Equipping Modern Patriots Topics Covered:
- How he came to writing
- Illustrating the hard choices people must make in a collapse
- Lessons learned as a SERE instructor and woven into his fiction books
- Hollerman’s thoughts on what’s wrong with most prepper fiction
- What one piece of equipment
- The biggest thing he believes most preppers get wrong
- Aspects of his preparedness that changed after writing this series
- His prepper fiction author pet peeve
- His go-to rifle and why
- Jonathan Hollerman’s Website
- Equipping Modern Patriots on Amazon
- Past Episode – Understanding Survival Retreats and Bug Out Locations
- Book mentioned – The Lucifer Effect: Understanding How Good People Turn Evil by Philip Zimbardo