EDC Kits are just as important, if not more, than BOBs. And like bug out bags, they are often built incorrectly. Your buddy Just Carroll drops by for a realistic discussion on simplifying your EDC.
Preppers spend a lot of time and energy deliberating on EDC kits. But there is a tendency to build them for unrealistic scenarios. This then renders them to heavy to comfortably carry every day thus missing the point. (We’ve seen us do it too; don’t’ feel bad.)
So join us as we discuss the finer points and priorities of EDC kits.
EDC kits Topics Discussed:
- What is an EDC kit and what is not
- What are the priorities you should consider
- A simple rule you can use to determine if an item deserves space in your bag
- Using Inception packing to get organized
- What’s in Justin’s kit
- What’s in Aaron’s kit
Listen to Justin’s Show
- Across the Peak Podcast – Be Safe. Be Dangerous.
EDC Items Mentioned:
- Waterproof field notes notebook for emergency numbers, information, and note taking
- Aaron’s EDC Knife – Zero Tolerance 0562CF Hinderer
- Remove Before Flight Tag
- Brass Spark Lite Aviation/Military Survival Fire starter Kit
- Think Tank Photo Cable Management Bag
- Book – The Law of Self Defense: The Indispensable Guide to the Armed Citizen by Andrew F. Branca
Past Episodes Mentioned:
- E276: No BS Emergency Medicine for Crisis Big and Small
- E272: The Truth About Money and Preparedness
- E208: Understanding Bug-out Bags, Car Bags, and EDC Bags