Tune in for the final episode and hear Aaron interviewed by a listener.
E276: No BS Emergency Medicine for Crisis Big and Small
Paramedic Josh drops into the studio to share real-world emergency medicine knowledge, gear talk, and tips on becoming the medic of your prepper household.
Emergency medicine is a big hairy topic for most preppers. As soon as you take your first First Aid and CPR class you realize how much you don’t know. Worse yet, you likely finished the class feeling as though you are not prepared for anything series. Most low-level medical classes are not gear towards preparing you for when emergency services are not available, after all. (Except CERT, they do a decent job of examining grid-down scenario to some degree.)
This deficit can often leave modern survivalists questioning what they need to learn, where to learn it, and what gear they REALLY need to be effective. We cover that in this episode…
Emergency Medicine and Becoming a Prepper Medic:
- What level of competency is reasonable for the average prepper?
- Realistically, what kind of injuries should we be prepared to treat?
- What should we educate ourselves on and what are the basic supplies someone could reasonably walk around with for dealing with trauma such as bullet wounds?
- The different levels and requirements for emergency medicine.
- Building a solid EDC medical kit.
- What gear and supplies should a home first aid kit include?
- What are educational resources should preppers pursue?
- How your current state of health could fitness can help or hurt you in a grid-down scenario