In this episode hosts Aaron and Jason interview female survival badass Alana Barfield. She's a life long survivalist/prepper both in a rural and urban setting. Listen now...
We go back to basics with a beginner’s guide to preparedness — a much-requested episode even by some long-time practitioners.
New preppers are often left groping around in the dark trying to understand what to prioritize and how. They also tend to approach survival from the wrong direction due to emotional responses and bad sound bite advice. It can take years to undue wasted energy and money spent because of these pitfalls.
Long-time preppers can often use a refresher (aka reminder of the simple things). We can become lulled into a sense of safety or humorous. We believe, “I got this.” But sometimes we need the kick in the pants the most.
Regardless of where you fall on the spectrum, this episode should help you put things into perspective.
Beginner’s Guide to Preparedness Topics Discussed:
- What is practical preparedness?
- What are the three aspects of practical preparedness?
- What things make up the basic eight and in what order of priority?
- Why is it important to review and reconsider your preps often and at regular intervals?
- What is the number one thing new preppers do wrong?
Emergency Car Kit Items Basic:
- NOCO Genius UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter
- Digital Tire Inflator
- Milton 921BK Dial Tire Gauge-3 Pack
- TireTek Premium Tire Pressure Gauge
- T-Handle Tire Plug Kit
- Rechargeable LED Road Flares
- Jumper Cable
- Car Glass Hammer Breaker and Rescue Hook
- Datrex 3600 Emergency Food Bar