In this episode Aaron is joined by Jen Pitino of the Urban Chicken Podcast. She shares with us the pleasures of rubbing down chickens with silk scarves and all things urban chicken. Listen now.
Hosts Aaron and Jason discuss the latest lessons learned from their adventures in Urban Farming.
When it comes to matters of self-sufficiency, few are as important as being able to feed yourself. Over the last nearly two years Aaron and Jason have endeavored to see what it takes to have a farm in an urban environment.
Farmin ain’t easy! But it sure is a lot of fun–when you do it with friends.
Join us as we explore lessons learned over the last 6 months…
- The state of the ITRH Urban Farm
- Understanding the importance of hands-on experience
- The information you can’t get from books.
- Automatic rabbit watering systems
- Chicken coup design
- Planning and use of space.
- Restrictions of urban livestock
- The advantages of a good survival mentor
- Gear vs Skill
- Lessons in NOT over engineering