In this episode, hosts Aaron and Jonathan discuss their opinions about TEOTWAWKI. Listen in as we walk through the best ways of deciding what to prepare for.
Surviving TEOTWAWKI (aka the end of the world as we know it) is where a lot of preppers start. It makes sense: something terrifying wakes people up. Therefore, they start preparing for that world-ending SHTF event.
But the reality is this: These new preppers are focusing on the least likely thing to happen to them. It is far more probable they will encounter a personal tragedy or SHTF scenario than a TEOTWAWKI event.
Episode 23 is about evaluating the likelihood of what you are preparing for and getting the most benefit from your preps. Doing so allows you to prepare in a way that buttresses your life both for the likely and gets you 80% of the way there for the unlikely.
TEOTWAWKI Topics covered:
- Why Aaron and Jonathan joke about Zombies
- The pitfalls of focusing on civilization-ending scenarios
- The Disaster Probability Matrix
- Fallacies of the Horde
- Planning for societal breakdowns using environmental context
- Red Flags in Survival Articles, Books, and Conversations