In this episode, we sit down with Daisy Luther from the Organic Prepper. She’s going to tell us how canning can make a huge impact in our lives.
Canning is a topic we’ve not given much love to, unfortunately. In fact, there’s never been an ITRH episode dedicated to it. And this is a large oversight on our part. The skill of canning is important. It can play a large part in getting your pantry stocked, preserving the food you grow, and even saving you money.
The truth is this: It intimidated us a bit because you hear all sorts of warnings about things exploding and people dying from botulism. And it’s not a sexy activity like shooting. So we consistently put off engaging in or talking about it.
But as it turns out, this isn’t as hard or as dangerous as some might think. Daisy tells us all about it.
Canning for Preppers Topics Discussed:
- Daisy’s story
- The biggest obstacle people experience
- Why we should invest the time and energy
- Advantages of doing it yourself vs. buying canned goods at the store
- The typical cost to start
- Supplies list
- Kids and canned foods
- Get Daisy’s Book on Canning through Amazon
- Check out her website – The Organic Prepper
- Her Facebook page
- Related Urban Farming episode