Hosts Aaron and Jonathan are joined once again by Ron Davis of Confessions Of An EMS Newbie Podcast. Ron answers questions about CRP, First Aid, and what actions you need to take in the first few moments of a medical emergency.
In this episode, we sit down with Justin Carroll of Prepper Opsec. We’re going to deep dive on your physical security so you can keep yourself and family safe.
Physical security includes locks, safes, doors, and anything that denies access to an area or items. People tend to see these as impenetrable force shields.
And when we purchase physical security measures, they tend not to spend much money or time considering how safe they really make you. It’s taken at face value they’ll just work as intended. They’re shocked to find out their locks are only keeping honest people honest and capable of little more.
But your locks and other measures may be giving you a false sense of security. People are often surprised to see how fast their locks can be picked, their safes hacked, or they doors broken down with little effort.
So Justin breaks things down and gets us locked up tight to help keep you safe.
Physical Security Topics Discussed:
- Tricks to keep would-be robbers from knowing your patterns
- Restricting access to your most important things
- Securing your home
- Understanding deadbolts and what to look for in a good one
- Picking a better door for your security
- The most overlooked ways locks are defeated by thugs and thieves
- Does seclusion equal security
- What kind of fence is best for security
- Are you hiding your key right where the crooks expect you too
- Understanding Safes, their ratings, and the right one for you
- And more
- Justin’s Site: PrepperOpSec.com
- Justin’s book for digital security all the way to becoming a digital ghost: The Complete Privacy & Security Desk Reference
- Social Engineering book mentioned: It’s Not All About Me
- Deadbolt he Recommends: Abloy ProTech 2
- High-Security traditional Podcasts: American Lock
- Smart Padlock he likes: Noke Smart Padlocks
- Programable GE Outlet Timer
- Justin’s previous episode on digital security