In this episode, we sit down with the author of the Prepper Pete Series, Kermit Jones. We’re going to discuss how to teach kids about survival without scaring the crap out of them.
How to teach kids about survival is tricky for most prepper parents. On one hand, you need to start them young. On the other hand, you don’t want to scare the crap out of kids needlessly.
It’s a topic we’ve wrestled with off air. And fortunately, we know a guy who did his home work, thought deeply on the topic, put things in to practice with his own kids, and then wrote a book about it. He also happens to be a very fun and likable guy.
Kids Preparedness Topics Discussed:
- How does Kermit get into the “Writer’s Zone”?
- Why is he so heavily focus on kids books?
- What inspired Prepper Pete Prepares
- Why is teaching kids about preparedness important?
- Where does Prepper Pete Prepares start?
- The worst things parents can do when discussing preparedness with their kids?
- What changes about the way people prepare when they have kids?
Resources to Help Teach Kids about Survival:
- Get the Prepper Pete series of books – On Amazon
- Connect with the author on – Facebook
- Stay connected through his – Website
This episode of the ITRH Book Club is brought to you by Audible. We are lovers of audio too. And listening has allowed us to finally get around to reading some of the greats in apocalyptic fiction. Here are two of our all-time favorites:
Get your free audiobook and 30-day Audible trial by using the banner below. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. It is fast and easy.
But fair warning, you will become addicted!