Tune in for the final episode and hear Aaron interviewed by a listener.
E77: The Survival Doctor
Your host Aaron is joined by Dr. James Hubbard for a discussion on treating wounds when there are no doctors.
How long can you survive without medical attention? That all depends…
Medicine is one of the 7 Priorities of Survival. Without medical attention, we can’t heal the wounds we’re prone to during disasters. More importantly, we can tend to the emergency medical needs of the ones we love.
Join us for a discussion with…
SPECIAL Editor’s Update
Tourniquet use information contained in this episode is outdated. As is often the case, new scientific research provides new insights. Here is a list of the most recent information we have available on the subject of tourniquets:
- The crucial role of tourniquets in trauma care – Mayo Clinic
- The Truth About Tourniquets – First Aid for Life
- Tourniquet use in the civilian prehospital setting – National Library of Medicine
- Stop Bleeding ⎮ Save Lives – Prep Medic via YouTube
Survival Medicine Topics:
- Who is Dr. James Hubbard, a.k.a. ‘The Survival Doctor’?
- Dealing with Animal Bits.
- Medical attention and Rabies.
- Water and its importance in emergency medicine.
- Irrigating wounds.
- Information about Antibiotics for survival.
- Honey as an antibiotic.
- Can we use any off-the-shelf grocery store honey?
- Pressure dressings
- Why knowing the difference between Veins and Arteries is important.
- And additional medical preparedness tips.
- The Survival Doctor’s Guide to Wounds
- The Survival Doctor’s Guide to Burns
- Dr. James Hubbard’s Blog and Mailing List: The Survival Doctor
- Additional Medical Website: My Family Doctor Mag
- Episode 75: Urban Survival Techniques
“Dr. Hubbard’s mission is to spread medical knowledge as far and wide as he can so people are empowered to live healthier, safer lives. To that end, he teaches down-to-earth survival medicine at his blog TheSurvivalDoctor.com so everyone can be prepared. He also publishes the health-information website MyFamilyDoctorMag.com
Dr. Hubbard is a member of the American Medical Association, American Academy of Family Physicians, and American College of Occupational Medicine, and a prior member of the American College of Preventive Medicine and Wilderness Medicine Society.”