Tune in for the final episode and hear Aaron interviewed by a listener.
We pick up where we left off in episode 248. I’ll share 5 more lessons I’ve learned from 15-years in survivalism.
Seems a lot of people enjoyed part one of the 5 Important Lessons from 15 Years in Survivalism series. So we’re going to keep things rolling with a part II and part III.
Everything in life is a journey, as the cliche. And along the journey, you make mistakes and course corrections. As you progress your view of the journey changes. Maybe you develop new strategies to replace old strategies. Perhaps you find you understand something completely different from experiences.
These are the things that shape us. And by sharing them we help others progress faster, lose less time, stumble more infrequently, and stay in with more conviction.
As a side note: The title of this series is 5 lessons from 15-Years. I can’t say when I really got serious about prep. The show started in 2010, but I think this all started in 2003. By started I mean where this started to be something I thought about and engaged in daily.
Note: Comment on this episode and share lessons you’ve learned along the way. These lessons should be the things you would tell you’re younger self or someone just starting out.
Survivalism Lessons Covered:
- Last Week
- Why you can’t reasonably become a human swiss army knife.
- Why All answers need context and nuance.
- How Planning and Prepping For TEOTWAWKI is a recipe for disaster and burnout.
- You can’t force your husband, wife, or life partner into prep. But you can probably lead them into prep.
- Almost everything needs an ROI in the immediate future; especially in the beginning.
- People are your greatest asset and danger in an event.
- You’re better off keeping it to yourself – most of the time.
- Most preppers think all other preppers are probably loons, and they’re right. But only 1% of the time.
- Nothing is as easy as ‘old-timers’ make it out to be.
- Skill almost always supersedes gear.
- Part One of the 5 Important Lessons from 15 Years in Survival series
- Other Back to Basic Prepper Episodes