Tune in for the final episode and hear Aaron interviewed by a listener.
In this episode, Justin Carroll stops by to discuss his bug out vehicle. To Justin, it’s not a BOV; it’s home, freedom, practical, and an adventure.
We’re big on preparedness solutions with practical uses even if the zombie apocalypse doesn’t happen. Gear and changes you make to your life should be something that makes your life better in the now. Doing things exclusively for an apocalypse become a burden otherwise. This makes Justin’s approach perfect for bug out vehicles, opinion.
You see, Justin travels all over the US teaching digital and physical security. And he’s also still young and unattached. So the opportunity to turn work into an extended road trip just made sense.
And, in the process, Justin has built what most of us would consider an awesome bug out vehicle.
But this hasn’t been an easy, straightforward process. He’s wrestled with all sorts of issues and challenges. Most of these things he overcame.
He joins us to share his trials, tribulations, triumphs, and secrets to talking to people about his unique living arrangements. (You won’t believe people’s reaction to this.)
Bug Out Vehicle Topics Discussed:
- Where and how this all started
- What van he started with and what kind of van he’s ended up with
- Solar power for RVs
- Sound proofing an RV
- Building a nice kitchen
- Wiring Considerations
- How everything to do with water is the biggest limiting factor
- How to handle not having a bathroom in your bug out vehicle (clever trick)
- The process of turning a van into a livable BOV
- Design considerations and inspiration
- The single most important piece of advice Justin has for anyone getting into this
- Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?