In this episode we welcome back Marshall of GoingGear. He’s going to share with us all the ins, outs, and what-the-hecks about water filters for camping and bugout bags. We’re also going to dive into food and stoves for camping. Plus, a special bonus.
- What are the different types of camping water filters?
- How effective are water purification tables?
- Hollow tube filters vs ceramic filters, which is best?
- Do UV (ultraviolet) filters actually work?
- Active carbon filters, the end all be all?
- Do the chemical water purification tablets really work?
- Do you have to worry about viruses in the water when choosing a filter?
- What is the real lifetime of a water filter?
- White gas vs Kerosene camping stoves.
- How effective are alcohol stoves?
- How well do chemical tab stoves work?
- What’s the best food option for backpacking?
- What camping food DYI options are there?
Coupon Code: rabbithole
- GoingGear Website
- Freezer Bag Cooking Books
- Gear Mentioned
- Katadyn Pocket Water Filter
- Lifesaver Bottle 6000UF Water Filtration Bottle
- Lifesaver Jerry Can 10000UF
- MSR SweetWater Purifier System
- Sawyer Mini Water Filter
- MSR HyperFlow Microfilter Water Filter
- Lifestraw Personal Water Filter
- Jetboil Joule Cooking Systems
- MSR Camping Stoves
- Vargo Camping Stoves
- BioLite Camping Stoves