Tune in for the final episode and hear Aaron interviewed by a listener.
E161: Kitting up for War with David “Mad Duo” Merrill
In this episode, we sit down the David Merrill. He’s a writer for Breach Bang Clear, Recoil Magazine, and a few other tactical rags I’m sure you’ve heard of.
As a former Marine and foreign weapons instructor, he’s got to chops to tell us about gear and real world use. So if you’ve been wanting to kit up, or just love gear, sit back and relax.
- What do you look for in body armor?
- Is it more comfort or more protection?
- What are the levels of plate carries, body armor, and bullet proof vests?
- What are the best mag pouches?
- How do you combine the use of HSGI soft magazine pouches and Kydex mag holders?
- Why drop-leg holsters suck?
- How useful are battle belts?
- What’s the best eye protection?
- What do you do about hearing protection?
- Should people actually invest in tactical helmets?
- The tactical neckerchief.
- Why do shamans suck?
- What are David’s gear pet peeves?
Highlights from the episode:
“Have your first mag… your primary position magazine… be in a kydex or ITW fast mag […] have your first load be in a kydex or similar pouch […] because getting that mag out is quicker than shit.”
“Those guys can _____ their wives while holding their rifles; it’s crazy!”
- Follow David’s writing on Breach Bag Clear
- Follow David’s writing on Recoil Magazine
- His Neckerchief Article mentioned in this episode
- Eye protection article mentioned in this episode
- HSGI Tactical Magazine Tacos
- Raven Concealment Kydex Magazine Carries
- ITW Mag Pouches
- Tactical Brown Neckerchief