Tune in for the final episode and hear Aaron interviewed by a listener.
In this episode, we’re joined by James Price. We sit down to discuss the three things every prepper should know, but probably hasn’t even thought of.
You see there’s a lesson James taught us a while back: If the situation turns to violence you’ve lost.
So who do you keep a situation from turning to violence and flip adversaries to your side?
And if a situation spirals out of our control into violence, how do we protect our kids and loved ones like pro-executive protection contractor?
Listen and find out here:
Persuasion as a Survival Tool Topics
- What every good spy knows and how you can learn it for next to nothing
- What is spy trade craft.
- The reality of hostile situations
- Improvisational comedy for the zombie apocalypse and road blocks
- Picking up zombie strippers
- How learning these skills improved all aspects of James life and saved it too
- Human hacking
- Dealing with without the rule of law situations
- Get yourself out of bad situations and turn them into good situations
- How to talk someone dumb
- Deceit detection and learn when you’re being lied to (it may save your life)
- Verbal Aggressiveness
- Verbal Judo
- James takes us to his parents’ house
- Where one-handed pistol shooting comes into play
- Why James loves failure
- The importance of physical maps in kits
- Protecting kids during an active shooter situation
- Executive protection
Resources from this Episode
- Improvisational theater: A Primer at Wikipedia
- “What Negotiators can learn from Improvisational Comedy” – Harvard Business School
- TEDxVictoria – Dave Morris: The Way of Improvisation”. Dave Morris is a Canadian Improv Performer and Teacher
- Last Week Tonight With John Oliver – Regardless if you agree with the politics discusses this is by far the best example of comedic timing while discussing serious subjects.
NOTE: Google the city or town you live in + Improv Comedy to find a local group you can join or take classes from
FACIAL ACTION CODING SYSTEM – MICROEXPRESSIONS
- Facial Action Coding System
A Primer at Wikipedia
- A Primer at Wikipedia
- Paul Ekman Group – The industry leader in micro and subtle expression training. On the podcast I mentioned the training was free, you have to pay a fee for the training now)
VERBAL AGGRESSIVENESS – HAVING PRESENCE WHEN SPEAKING
- Verbal self-defense (verbal judo): A primer on Wikipedia
- Verbal Judo: Diffusing Conflict Through Conversation – Full seminar presented by Academic-turned-cop and best-selling author George Doc Thompson at Columbia Business School
- Toastmasters – The best way to learn public speaking and to horn your speaking presence
- Amy Cuddy: Your body language shapes who you are – Great video on how to be aware of what your body language projects. You can also use this video to teach yourself how to mock-project body language to make people (bad guys) think you are feeling one way when you are feeling a completely different way (like acting nervous or scared when you are about to attack).