Hosts Aaron and Jonathan discuss the basics of storing food and consumables. Rational preparedness is about doing things that improve your life in good times too.
Think storing is silly and a little too “doomsday thinking” for you? Storing food and consumables can get you through those person trials as well as have a beneficial financial impact on your life.
Aaron also discusses taking things up a notch by becoming a producer of the foods that you eat and introduces a new project he is starting.[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
- Reasons beyond disasters to store food.
- Just In Time Inventory and how it can affect you in a disaster.
- Food storage as capital deferment.
- Storing in a slow rational way.
- What is Copy Canning?
- Eat what you store and store what you eat.
- Food storage as a better hedge against inflation.
- Beyond food, storing consumables.
- Water storage and how long it lasts.
- The soft sell. Getting loved ones on board with storing.
- Store a minimum of seven days of water and at least 1 Gallon of water per day per person. Individual needs vary, depending on age, physical condition, activity, diet, and climate. Double in warmer climates.
- Store a minimum of seven days of water for each pet and at least 1/2 Gallon of water for every 50 pounds your pet weighs per day.
- DO NOT store water in plastic containers directly on concrete.
- Use 8-16 drops of regular household bleach and 1 gallon of water to disinfect water containers before storing water. Shake well.
- Just In Time Inventory
- Ron Hood – Copy Canning
- Alaska DHSEM 7 Day Survival Kit
- Pet concerns in storage
- Reliance 7 Gallon Water Container
- Lifesaver Jerry Can
- Storey’s Guide to Raising Rabbits, 4th Edition
- Appleseed Radio
Comments are welcome and your thoughts are appreciated. Join the discussion and be part of the community.
We would love for our blog readers and show listeners to interact with us. Feel free to use the Feedback page on the site to send us show ideas, questions, and let us know if you would like to be a contributing writer.