Hosts Aaron and Jonathan interview Tony and Maripat Kidd.
.22s rimfire guns have seen a surge in popularity over the last 4 years as ammo prices have soured and Project Appleseed grows – especially the Ruger 10/22. With that growth people have looked for higher quality Ruger 10/22 parts. However, not all after market parts are made the same.
As Aaron and Jonathan became obsessed with the .22 they stumbled upon a manufacturer outside of San Antonio, Texas making 10/22 parts. They weren’t cheap, but their precision, craftsmanship, and quality made them worth every penny.
The Kidds discuss who they are, how Kidd Innovative Design came into existence, and all kinds of interesting tidbits about the .22 and gunsmithing.
This episode has been archived in both downloadable and streamable form. It is not available in the member area...
- How, What, When, and Why of Kidd Innovation Designs
- Explanation of two stage triggers.
- How triggers effect a shooter’s trigger control.
- Tony Kidd dispels the myth that dry firing modern guns hurts the firing pin.
- Importance of dry firing for improving a shooter’s accuracy.
- The accuracy potential of the .22 caliber cartridge.
- Factors that play into gun accuracy.
- What makes a truly consistent ammunition.
- Tony Kidd’s picks on most accurate .22 ammunition.
- What effect barrel length and bull barrels have on the .22 caliber cartridge.
- Best way to learn more about gunsmithing.
- Advice for those aspiring to be professional gunsmiths.
- Gunsmith License
- What the future holds for Kidd Innovative Designs
- Will Tony every build a FN 5.7Ã—28mm 10/22?