Hosts Aaron and Jonathan discuss the riots going on in Egypt, the Middle East, and Northern Africa. Jonathan - a UT Political Science and Anthropology Grad - explains what causes riots, the economic effects of the riots currently going on, and if we could see similar riots in the United States in the foreseeable future.
Hosts Aaron and Jonathan discuss setting objectives and why it’s so important to make plans. Objectives are the gas that makes the goals go. Without metrics, we don’t know when have gotten to where we meant to go.
Part III of the Survival CHI Reloaded series. Simply saying my plan is to “survive” is to simple. Within Survival CHI the main objects are: Live well and build a more resilient life. With plans, we can make that happen.
- What are objectives and how do they differ from goals.
- Why are objectives important.
- Why planning so important.
- Metrics and their role in measuring success of plans.
- “Squishy” metrics, being flexible with plans when you don’t meet your metrics.
- Finding pleasure in planning and in success.
- Learning from failed plans.
- Update on Jonathan and Aaron’s Survival CHI plans.