DIY techniques on dealing with traumatic situations.
Today we are joined by former breeder and dog trainer Jason McConniel for a discussion about dogs. We also have a review of the book Life After Terrorism by Bruce D. Clayton, Ph.D.
Topic 1: Dogs for the Urban Survivalist
The first episode of many to include Jason, the show’s “Redneck Resource.” Jason walks us through the things we need to consider when selecting a dog:
- What dog is right for you
- Top five dogs for urban survival
- Finding a dog breeder
- Jason’s two cents on dog rescue services
- Heath concerns to be mindful of when shopping for a dog
- Tips for finding a good veterinarian
- Cost considerations when selecting a dog
- Bug-out bags for dogs
- First-aid kits for dogs
- Food storage for dogs
- Pet First-aid classes
- Pet First Aid books.
Plans are already in the works for a second survival-dog episode, in which we will delve deeper into the topic.
Topic 2: Book Review Of Life After Terrorism
A full written review of Life After Terrorism will be released a week or two from the date of this podcast.
- The book is actually well written and entertaining to read.
- Life After Terrorism is grounded in reality, and provides sane advice.
- Author Bruce D. Clayton, Ph.D., stays out of political and religious discussions.
- Another survival book author preaches moving to the country.
- The book was published in 2002 and is already a little dated, which unfortunately is inevitable for books dealing with current events.
- Life After Terrorism
- Brimor Doberman Breeder – Houston, TX – (713) 772-9903 (sorry no web site)
- Weimaraner Rescue Of North Texas
- Red Cross Pet First Aid Class
- Dog First Aid Book – Red Cross
- Pet First Aid: Cats & Dogs
- Dog Owner’s Home veterinary Handbook
- The Urban Homestead
- The Survival Podcast – Episode 608
Comments are welcome and your thoughts are appreciated. Join the discussion and be part of the community.
We love our blog readers and show listeners to interact with us. Feel free to use the Feedback page on the site to send us show ideas and questions, and let us know if you would like to be a contributing writer.