Tune in for the final episode and hear Aaron interviewed by a listener.
E257: The Weird Supply Chain Model Putting People in Danger
It’s summer shorts time once again. In this short we discuss the hidden mechanism of modern society putting people at risk.
Weird summer short for you today. I say weird because almost no one really talks about this: Supply chains. But it is a major weak point in our society today. Weak because of fragility.
I have to warn you. This might be a little boring at first. We’re going to talk about an inventory strategy. Or this will be exciting if operations and efficiency blows your skirt up.
This inventory strategy has produced a large benefit for developed nations. It lowers the costs of the things you buy every day. And it meant shelves in stores are rarely empty.
The strategy is called Just-in-time inventory.
Breaking Down Just-in-Time Doom:
- The model explained simply
- Why business use this strategy
- How the strategy works
- What rubber dog doo has to do with just-in-time inventory
- How supply interruptions impact human behavior
- How JIT influences human behavior in the long-term
- What you should do to make sure you do not fall victim to JIT