In this book club episode, we’re joined by author Zack Lynn to discuss surviving on a sailboat in the zombie apocalypse.
Surviving on a Sailboat in a bugout scenario presents several advantages and disadvantages. Advantages include not being stuck in a bunker with now windows, fishing, and mobility, to name a few. But you are constrained by the weight of the times you can store, inclement weather, and bobbing zombies.
There are also considerations about what kind of boat. And many other considerations.
Years, back we explored sailboats as an option for both living and bugging out. But we never fully addressed life on a sailboat in a grid down and hostile environment.
Zombies, as we’ve said in the past, provide an interesting and highly complicated scenario forcing deep thought and extensive nuanced consideration. So it’s ripe for thought experiments most other situations don’t present.
As it turns out, Zack has spent lots of time considering just such a situation. He even wrote a book about it.
The Author, Book, and Surviving on a Sailboat Discussed:
- How he became a writer
- Authors that inspire Zack
- What prompted Zack to become a prepper
- Where the inspiration for the book came from
- How the book starts
- Why zombies
- The upside of surviving on a sailboat
- The downside of surviving on a sailboat
- How writing this book changed the way he and his family prepare
- The main character’s go-to long gun and why
- What’s the best $100 he’s ever spent on preparedness