Hosts Aaron and Jonathan discuss the most extreme of survival situations - surviving the holidays. This episode takes a light hearted approach to what is a very trying time for many people.
James Price is back with the real life-saving skills that may save your life today. We discuss skills you should start practicing today. They’re probably not what you think.
Many of us in the survival and preparedness community focus on tactical skills. But are we ignoring other less sexy life-saving skills which could enhance our hard skills?
The answer: Yes. Most of us probably are ignoring these life-saving skills or letting them atrophy. Some of these skills are things you notice in people today that probably drive you crazy too.
Most of us probably are ignoring these skills or letting them atrophy. Some of these skills are things you notice in people today that probably drive you crazy too. And half of these are generational while the other half is part of being a human being.
We’ve discussed some of these types of skills in the past. But, recently during training people for missions, he’s noticed some skill gaps that are causing real problems in their tactical skills. These are things that could undermine your training and hard skills. And you may be surprised to hear what they are.
Topics around soft Life-saving skills we Discuss and Rant about:
- How soft life skills enhance hard tactical skills
- Defining “Hard Skills”
- Defining “Soft Skills”
- How social skills and team building plays into staying alive in an SHTF scenario
- How arguing becomes counterproductive to team building
- Calculating net gain
- The importances of understanding, practicing and implementing effective communication skills
- How “Coms are life”
- The rule of threes in high-stress communications
- Weird lessons learned from paintball competitions between cops vs. firefighters
- What causes your brain to shut down in a life or death scenario
- Learning to fail well and learn from it
- How to make good decisions fast
- What is OODA loop and its real-world application
- Using OODA loop as a life-saving skill
- What DVM HASF is and isn’t
- What to never ask James about