Tune in for the final episode and hear Aaron interviewed by a listener.
E170: Firearms Safety for Kids with Author Kermit Jones
In this ITRH book club episode, we sit down with Kermit Jones. He’s going to tell us about his book that teaches firearms safety for kids, and many adults. Maybe you don’t have kids, but you’ll still enjoy this episode. Because…. well… guns. And Kermit is a lot of fun.[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/itrhpodcast/e170-kermit-jones.mp3″ title=”E170: Firearms Safety with Kermit Jones” image=”https://www.intherabbithole.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Front-shelves-small1-150×150.jpg” social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” social_linkedin=”true” social_stumble=”true” social_pinterest=”true” social_email=”true” ]
Firearms Safety for Kids Topics Discussed:
- How is Kermit Jones and what makes him an authority about teaching firearms safety to kids.
- What inspired him to write Prepper Pete’s Gun of a Son?
- What’s the biggest challenge when writing a children’s book that also appeals to adults?
- What was your biggest fear when trying to teach his own kids about gun safety?
- Is it different teaching daughters to shoot as opposed to sons?
- What’s the biggest mistake parents make when it comes to discussing gun safety with their kids?
- What’s the biggest mistake people in general make when it comes to gun safety?
- What’s an appropriate age to teach kids to shoot?
- How young is too young to teach a child about gun safety?
- What are the 3 biggest takeaways are from his book when talking to kids about guns?
- Kermit’s Gun Safety Book: Prepper Pete’s Gun of a Son: A Gun Safety Book for Kids
- Kermit’s Website: Prepper Pete and Friends
- On Facebook
This episode of the ITRH Book Club is brought to you by Audible. We are lovers of audio too. And listening has allowed us to finally get around to reading some of the greats in apocalyptic fiction. Here are two of our all-time favorites:
Get your free audiobook and 30-day Audible trial by using the banner below. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. It is fast and easy.
But fair warning, you will become addicted!
Special Announcement: Summer Break 2016
Now ITRH also about to go on summer break. This season will end May 25th 2016.
Since the ITRH summer shorts were so well received last summer we’re going to do those again. So you won’t be left without any ITRH episodes during the summer. They’ll just be short 7 to 15 minute episodes probably on the order of every 3 weeks.
For those that are new hear and don’t know what the summer shorts are all about I’ll explain quickly. Hear goes:
ITRH goes on break for a few months every summer. But we don’t go totally off the air. You’ll get short episodes on a less frequent basis of one every two to three weeks. Then we’ll be back August 1st.