Tune in for the final episode and hear Aaron interviewed by a listener.
Survival bags, packs, and boots can be an overwhelming topic for some, oddly. For many, it becomes a complicated topic at first blush. With good reason: There’s a lot of options, a lot of brands, and a lot of nuances dependent on specific applications and budget.
But in this episode we’re joined by Marshall Hoots of Going Gear. He’s going to uncomplicate the topic and break it all down for us in simple terms.
Survival Bags, Packs, and Boots Topics Covered:
- What makes for the best backpacking packs?
- Does brand matter or is all hype when it comes to backpacking packs?
- What are those chest straps for on your packs and backpacks?
- What does the waist strap on a pack do?
- How important is fit when choosing a backpack or backpacking pack?
- Does how you pack a backpack or backpacking make a difference?
- What are the best backpacks?
- Does the material a backpack is made out of make a difference?
- How do you choose the right backpack material?
- Is rip stop that great?
- Understanding boots for hiking, outdoors, and survival
- Marshall’s sheep fetish revealed and explained
- The importance of maintaining body temperature.
Resources from this episode:
Maxpedition Zipper Lock video mentioned in this episode: