In this episode, Alana Barfield joins hosts Aaron and Jason to discuss what may be the ultimate survival challenge.
Could you survive Naked in the wilderness with only two manmade survival tools?
Sounds pretty tough–don’t you think…
Well, Alana is back to tell us all about it: The truth, the fiction, and everything in between.
So join us as we discuss:
- How real is Naked and Afraid really
- How did Alana get on the show
- What was it like working with the producers and crew of Naked and Afraid
- How hard was the experience was
- Preconceived notions about surviving in the wild vs. reality
- The hardest part of survives with next to nothing.
- The mental and emotional aspects of the challenge.
- Using ferrite rods to make fire
- What she would have done differently in retrospect
- And a whole lot more.
- Alana Barfield’s Facebook Page
- Alana Barfield’s Twitter
- Discover Channel’s Naked and Afraid
- Alana’s take on Women in survival/prep
Get all of our episodes with Alana here.
Internet trolls will be internet trolls. We live in a day and age were people watch heavily edited “Reality TV” and think they know a person.
And sometimes those impressions are correct. Sometimes those perceptions are skillfully crafted edits.
But the reality is you’ll never know.
Visitors are free to comment on this episode of ITRH. However, comments that consist purely of name calling and nonsense will be deleted.
In full disclosure, Alana is a friend to us personally and to the show. In both instances, she’s been generous with her time and help on many projects. That being said, we wouldn’t let mere internet-trollery stand no matter who the guest is or what our relationship to them.
So if you showed up just to post a name calling rant, save your breath; I’m going to delete it. (Find something more productive to do with your time and life than trolling “reality tv” cast on the internet.)
One last note about the show itself: We don’t edit guests for meaning or personality no matter who they are. ITRH is edited for verbal ticks, inaccurate information that could get someone hurt, or a section of a recording that is just plain boring and doesn’t add to the overall episode.
Anyway…. If you have a legitimate comment or question, let it rip.