In this episode, we go deep into the ITRH vault to hear a classic not available in the public feed, episode 38. You’ll hear from the late great Scout, head of the Texas chapter of Project Appleseed. And I’m joined by co-host Jonathan who helped found ITRH. We all discuss what I still consider the best traditional rifle marksmanship program. Listen now...
In this episode, hosts Aaron and Jason discuss Aquaponics with Rex from South Texas Aquaponics.
Growing your food may not seem as exciting as fighting off the zombie hordes, tactical training, or a host of other things. But feeding yourself is one of the very few things that are a daily part of survival–whether in good times or bad.
This is a much debated and discussion in the prepared community. It provides a nearly closed loop system of producing both meat and vegetables. And today we’re happy to have a local guest on to tell us about the basics.
Aquaponics Topics Discussed:
- Small systems vs. large systems–which is easier to maintain?
- How much work are these systems
- What’s the best fish to use in an aquaponics system
- Commerical vs. Hobby Aquaponics
- How to make it profitable–both on a personal and commercial scale
- …And a whole lot more.
Aquaponics Episode Resources:
- South Texas Aquaponics Facebook Page
- Friendly Aquaponics
- The Aquaponics Source (supplies and parts)
- Green Life Aquaponics
- Last Urban Outpost