Buying survival gear is wrought with confusion. New preppers often ask, “What do I need? And where do I start?” Typically, people new to survival spend countless hours digging through gear lists in books and on the internet. Or they purchase endless amounts of stuff promising to solve all of their problems or to be the perfect solution.
But they often have a hazy understanding, if at all, about what they actually need and why they need it. So they end up spending lots of money on stuff they don’t need. Or worse yet, they put false confidence in a piece of junk.
Instead of turning to a general survival gear checklist, what if we first understood our needs? Then, what if we let our survival needs dictate the gear list? Often the best way to solve a problem is through learning the right questions to ask…
So let’s ask them together.
- Understanding the survival gear spiral.
- The hierarchy of survival needs.
- Basing decisions on the hierarchy of needs.
- The three most likely places you’ll be when disaster strikes.
- Choosing gear for the home.
- Choosing gear for the office.
- Choosing gear for the car.