Tune in for the final episode and hear Aaron interviewed by a listener.
E147: Beekeeping with the Bee Whisperer
Beekeeping can be a risky venture. But done right, it can be personally and financially fulfilling.
In this episode, we sit down with the “the Bee Whisperer”, Michael Jordan. He’ll share his knowledge of beekeeping, philosophical masturbation, and life lessons.
Beekeeping topics covered in this episode include:
- Why do we need more beekeepers in the world
- Why would someone want to get into beekeeping
- How much work are bees to get started
- How much work are bees once they get established
- What is the minimum financial investment an Urban bee keeper would need to make
- Why is it said that bees choose the keeper and that it’s not the other way around
- What would you say are the common downfalls for most people that first get into bees
- Who can people get over the fear of keeping bees
- Is beekeeping a real money maker
- Is seeking difficult
- What does a Bee Suit usually run
- How long does it take to get to a place of being productive with beekeeping
- What are the bee union hours
- Are there alternatives to the typical honey bee
- What is sustainable beekeeping
- What’s the latest news on colony collapse?
- What can people do to help bee populations?
- What can people plant to feed honey bees?
- Why would bees reject a hive and fly off?
Beekeeping Episode Resouces:
- Michael Jordan’s Facebook Page
- A Bee Friendly Company Website
- Michael’s Online Beekeeping Class and Certification