Your host Aaron is joined by Dr. James Hubbard for a discussion on treating wounds when there are no doctors.
How long can you survival without medical attention? That all depends…
Medicine is one of the 7 Priorities of Survival. Without medical attention we can’t heal the wounds we’re prone to during disasters. More importantly, we can tend the the emergency medical needs of the ones we love.
Join us for a discussion with…
Survival Medicine Topics:
- Who is Dr. James Hubbard a.k.a. ‘The Survival Doctor’?
- Dealing with Animal Bits.
- Medical attention and Rabies.
- Water and it’s importance in emergency medicine.
- Irrigating wounds.
- Information about Antibiotics for survival.
- Honey as an antibiotic.
- Can we use any off the shelf grocery store honey?
- Pressure dressings
- Why knowing the difference between Veins and Arteries is important.
- And additional medical preparedness tips.
- The Survival Doctor’s Guide to Wounds
- The Survival Doctor’s Guide to Burns
- Dr. James Hubbard’s Blog and Mailing List: The Survival Doctor
Additional Medical Website: My Family Doctor Mag
- Episode 75: Urban Survival Techniques
“Dr. Hubbard’s mission is to spread medical knowledge as far and wide as he can so people are empowered to live healthier, safer lives. To that end, he teaches down-to-earth survival medicine at his blog TheSurvivalDoctor.com so everyone can be prepared. He also publishes the health-information website MyFamilyDoctorMag.com
Dr. Hubbard is a member of the American Medical Association, American Academy of Family Physicians, and American College of Occupational Medicine, and a prior member of the American College of Preventive Medicine and Wilderness Medicine Society.”