Gary Collins joins us to discuss diet and nutrition in the new year. It’s a big topic many people wrestle with.
The paleo diet and many offshoots are big these days. Let’s face it: Diets come and go. But in this episode, Gary helps us break down what all these diets are. He helps us separate fact from myth. And, best of all, he makes understanding simple dieting and nutrition… well… simple.
Diet and nutrition for preppers (and anyone else) topics discussed:
- The fraud, waste, and negligence in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Where holistic and traditional medicine meet.
- What is the paleo diet?
- What is the 80/20 rule of dieting?
- How sugar is like heroin and being used against you by the big food corps.
- Are carbohydrates evil?
- What is the genetic diet?
- What is an anti-inflammatory diet?
- Why is eating regional honey significant?
- Why is it important to eat regionally?
- How soon will the health care system be bankrupted?
- How to merge the diets of a multi-cultural home?
- How does diet impact fertility and reproduction?
- Where does lactose intolerance come from?
- Why is ketogenic diet confusing?
- What’s the right way to ketogenic diet?
- How long can you stay on a ketogenic diet?
- What is the primal power method?
- How do you maintain a paleo / primal diet as a prepper?
- How to do a lifestyle purge.
- Gary’s Off the grid home project.
- Getting an off the grid home financed.
Resources from this episode:
- Gary’s Website
- Gary’s Books